Adding A BOTA CBD Face Toners to Your Skin Care Routine
Adding A BOTA CBD Face Toners to Your Skin Care Routine. There are three steps to basic facial skin care, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Although toning is considered beneficial for all skin types, many people skip this important second step. Some are not aware of the many potential benefits; others are convinced that using a toner could irritate their skin or cause unnecessary dryness.
A considerable number of people concerned about toners causing irritation or dryness are confusing toners with astringents, a product many find far too harsh for daily use. Although toners and astringents look similar and are applied the same way, astringents contain large amounts of alcohol or other ingredients selected to remove oil from the skin’s surface. If the facial skin is dry or sensitive, using an astringent can cause excessive flaking, peeling, burning, and irritation. When used on oily, blemish-prone skin, over-use can increase oil production and trigger breakouts.1
Rather than stripping skin of oil, facial toners are nurturing, protective, and formulated to address numerous skin concerns. The key to successful use is finding a product formulated for your skin type, a list of ingredients that provide the benefits you are hoping for, and proper use. If you typically skip this essential second step of a basic skincare routine, you may want to reconsider.2
There are two ways to use a facial toner. You can pour the product into the palm of your hand, press your palms together, and gently pat the toner onto your skin, or you can saturate a cotton pad with toner and sweep the product over your face and neck.3 Both methods minimize the appearance of your pores and restore your skin’s natural pH balance. Using your toner with a cotton pad helps eliminate any product residue and dead skin cells that remain after cleansing. After toning, your skin is more receptive to the benefits of any serums and moisturizers that follow.
How Plant-Based Toners Balance Your Skin
Healthy, balanced skin has a protective lipid barrier that is mildly acidic. When the pH balance of that barrier is disrupted by environmental pollutants, UV rays, cosmetics, or cleansers, the changes in acidity impair your skin’s ability to protect itself from allergens, bacteria, and moisture loss. As hydration levels decrease, your skin’s ability to absorb the benefits of your skincare products also decreases.
When you use a toner to restore your skin’s pH balance after cleansing, your skin is more absorbent and receptive to the benefits of your serums, masks, and moisturizers. Selecting a plant-based toner helps reduce your exposure to the many potentially harmful ingredients commonly used in conventional skincare products.
Nearly 90 percent of the synthetic chemicals and compounds used in health and beauty products have never been evaluated for consumer safety. Of the remaining 10 percent that have been tested, far too many cause further skin and environmental damage.4 When applied topically, a significant number of these man-made ingredients can also interfere with your skin’s ability to rejuvenate and repair.5
You can reduce your exposure to potentially harmful chemicals by selecting a toner made with natural botanicals, plant oils, and extracts shown to have specific benefits for the health and appearance of your skin. Of the many active botanicals powering our skincare line, many people consider the hemp-derived CBD in our products the most beneficial.
Why We Add BOTA CBD Face Toners
The effects of the CBD in your BOTA™ Balancing Toner are enhanced by a scientifically formulated blend of natural plant extracts selected for their verifiable skin benefits. When you restore the natural pH balance of your skin after cleansing, your BOTA™ toner infuses your skin with the therapeutic potential of hemp-derived CBD and the following plant extracts.
The rosewater in our toner helps hydrate and refresh your skin. The natural astringent-like properties help minimize pores. Often used in aromatherapy, many people find the fragrance of rosewater calming and soothing.8
Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil is cold-pressed from the seeds of industrial hemp plants. Although hemp seed oil does not contain CBD, the cannabinoid found in the stalks stems and flowers of the plant, cold-pressed hemp seed oil is high in essential fatty acids and vitamin E.10
When used in natural skincare products, honeysuckle extract is shown to soothe and calm the skin.11
Although witch hazel is a natural astringent that helps skin retain moisture by restoring pH balance. Witch hazel can be used effectively in toners without causing unnecessary dryness when combined with other plant botanicals known for their hydrating properties.12
- Healthline. J Chertoff. (2019 January 02) What is Astringent?
- Journal of Clinical Medicine. D Panther, S Jacob. (2015 May 04) The Importance of Acidification in Atopic Eczema: The Underexplored Avenue for Treatment.
- Women’s Health Magazine. C Shatzman, M Aberman. (2019 April 02) Here’s How to Use Facial Toner Without Drying Out Your Skin.
- Treehugger. (2014 June 23) Everything You Need to Know About Natural Skin Care.
- The Minimalist Vegan. M Ofei. (2019 June 30) 10 Nasty Ingredients to Avoid in Skincare (and Why).
- ACS Chemical Neuroscience. M Caterina. (2014 November 19) TRP Channel Cannabinoid Receptors in Skin Sensation, Homeostasis, and Inflammation.
- Molecules. (2019 March) Cannabinoid Signaling in the Skin: Therapeutic Potential of the “C(ut)annabinoid” System.
- NDTV Food Network. A Ahuja. (2018 August 20) 10 Rosewater Benefits from Antioxidants to Anti-Aging.
- Antioxidants. P Cifanivic et al. (2019 October 01) Glycerolic Licorice Extracts as Active Cosmeceutical Ingredients: Extraction Optimization, Chemical Characterization, and Biological Activity.
- Healthline. A Gotter (2018 August 30) Hemp Oil for Skin.
- Organic Facts. J Staughton. (2020 February 03) 12 Amazing Benefits of Honeysuckle.
- Prevention. K Brady. (2019 February 22) 7 Ways Witch Hazel Can Improve Your Skin According to Dermatologists.
Also, Check Out
BOTA CBD Face Toners
Adding A BOTA CBD Face Toners to Your Skin Care Routine. There are three steps to basic facial skin care, cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
Product Brand: BOTA
Product Currency: $
Product Price: 29.95
Product In-Stock: InStock